Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any one have any suggestions how to stop mcafee

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hello,

I have uninstalled mcafee with revo and I see and notice mcafee in the C:\ files and I deleted mcafee from C files and is back on again.

also in the services.msc mcafee is still running and I have stopped some of the mcafee from running but some of mcafee cannot be turned off.

I have  windows 8

any ideas what to do?

Thank you for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

There is the Mcafee consumer product removal tool     From the mcafee site itself:

Download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool:

1. Download the MCPR tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and save it to a folder on your computer.
  2. Navigate to the folder where you saved the file, and double-click MCPR.exe
  3. When you see the User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
  4. At the McAfee Software Removal screen, click Next.
  5. At the End User License Agreement (EULA) dialog box, click Next to accept the agreement.
  6. When prompted, type the Captcha information, which is case sensitive, to validate to application security, and then click Next.
    • If you have Family Protection installed, type your Administrator user name and password and click Next.
    • If you cannot authenticate, follow the on-screen instructions to obtain an uninstall code. If you do not have Family Protection installed, you will not receive this authentication prompt.
  7. When you see the message CleanUp Successful, restart your computer. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until after the restart.

Sometimes with these removal tools, they'll try the first time, remove something, then you'll have the reboot and retry the program again and it goes through.

Or.....

Is mcafee back in the programs and features for you to do a regular uninstall? If it is, can you click uninstall without an error? If you cannot, I can suggest geek uninstaller that has a force removal option, but... I don't know how well it works on anti virus programs. I know it can dig up and rip out most little (little to no services) type programs without a hassle.

www.geekuninstaller.com ( just run the program and right click on the program you want to remove, click "Force Remove" It'll do its thing, then show a box of other left overs it found and give you the option to delete those as well)

Edited by wishmakingfairy, 11 November 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Using ubuntu and sharing how to as well as collecting how to scripts for common programs. Feel free to ask or share ^-^

#3 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thankyou very much,

I think I have seen this mention before here but I lost the location of the info,

But I will work on this.

And see were it takes me.

This mcafee is realy hard to remove.

Thankyou very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users