Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome settings page opens in new window-I need a chrome guru!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alyab123

Alyab123

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:26 AM

I was surfing the net trying to get some insight into chrome, since it is new for me. SOMEWHERE, I came across a suggestion, that causes "settings" to open in its own window, instead of a new tab. I tried it, and it worked, After a while, I realized, that when I open history, or extensions, the "settings" link is no longer on the left side of the page. On the settings page, there are no longer links for history and extensions.

:oopsign:

So I want to change it back, to open normally in a tab. Unfortunately, I have no idea how I did this, so I can't reverse it! I am sure that it was not related to adding any extension or plug-in either. Does anyone here know anything about how I may have done this. I usually bookmark a page if I try a suggestion from that page. But this time I didn't. Yes, I learned the moral about following "suggestions", It turns out that this one is not very well known. I keep doing searches, but I'm not finding anything.

There's all kinds of posts about chrome opening windows instead of tabs - but it's all tabs that are affected, and it wasn't a choice made by the user. In my case I actually CHANGED something somewhere to get this great feature - just for "settings"!  

Any chrome gurus out there with advice (other than reset chrome to original settings)?  

Thank you.

Edited by Alyab123, 11 November 2014 - 03:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users