Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADSL: Any way to swap some download BW for upload BW?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sunnymarek

sunnymarek

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

I was wondering if you guys know of any way to temporarily swap some download bandwidth for upload bandwidth? If so, how?

I have asymmetric DSL with download up to 20Mbps and upload only 2-3Mbps. I have lots of devices on the home network (4 operating systems in terms of computers: ubuntu, win7/8, chrome and osx + a number of other devices in terms of phones, ipods, bluray, tv, nintendo wii, network printer, etc etc.). However they are not all on the network at the same time so when I want to upload a video to youtube or dropbox it takes a really long time. 

Thx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

Can only be arranged with your ISP unfortunately. And they will want $$$.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:24 AM

As says, the only way is to pay more money to your ISP to increase the speed of your connection, but even then there the limit of their network capabilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users