Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dllhost.exe*32 com surrogate & ransom-foo!htm issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lapelosa

lapelosa

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hi - looks like I've got a similar issue as other posters regarding dllhost.exe*32 com surrogate. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium - Service Pack 1 - 64-bit.

The computer slowed down significantly a couple of days ago, along with pop-ups in IE asking if I wanted to debug the page. Then I started getting the "powershell stopped working" pop-up whenever I booted up, as well as a pop-up saying I should close all programs due to high memory usage.

The latest issue occured today, where I turned it on and got multiple pop-ups about the powershell not working, along with notepad opening by itself and then a Firefox shortcut being created on my desktop called "DECRYPT_INSTRUCTION" (https://paytordmbdekmizq.torsona.com/7UUps6), which I did not open. Also, I had ran my AV (McAffee - Version 6.0.3 Patch 3), which found about 50 files all called "Ransom-Foo!htm" all of which were quarantined.

I can see 2 dllhost.exe files in Task Manager, along with dllhost.exe*32 com surrogate. There also appear to be several other .exe and .exe *32 files that don't seem right to me (I'm nowhere near an expert, but from reading other posts here it sounds as if these items could be suspicious as well).

I appreciate any help you can offer, and if you need any other information please let me know. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users