Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding ram

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheriff120

sheriff120

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

I have an Emachines ET1831-05. Is there any way to tell how many pins the RAM cards are without pulling one and counting the pins? Speccy says that what is installed is 3GB's single channel DDR2 @ 398GHz. I imagine that means a two GB and a one GB card. Thanks for any info!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starrouter

starrouter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

According to Newegg and other previous E-Machines resellers, you have 240-pin memory modules, DDR2 667 MHZ, one 2GB  and one 1GB, for a total of 3GB installed memory.  It looks like it will also work with DDR2 800.  Not sure if 3GB is the maximum installable RAM or not.

Edited by starrouter, 10 November 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#3 sheriff120

sheriff120
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:17 PM

Thanks! I know I can go to 4GB's.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

Go to Crucial and run their scanner tool.  It will tell you how much you have, how much you can install, and show you what modules will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users