Jump to content
Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:12 PM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:25 AM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:38 PM
Did you check to make sure the Windows Defender service is running?
These are instructions for restarting Windows Defender if it has been stopped...How to Start/Stop Windows Defender service
To start (enable) a service, press the WINKEY + R keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb > Run...,
and in the Open dialog box, type: services.msc
Click OK or press Enter.
Note: You can also click the Start Orb and in the Search Box, type: services.msc
Windows Services will open:
- Click the Extended tab at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
- In the Services applet, scroll down the list and find the Windows Defender service.
- Double-click on the name of the service to open the Properties page.
- In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Start" button if it is stopped. I DID AND A WINDOW POPS UP SAYING IT WAS STARTED BUT STOPPED. THEREFORE UNABLE TO FINISH YOUR DIRECTIONS. IT SIMPLY WONT START AND STAY ON
- From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Automatic".
- Click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.
Windows Defender is turned off or not working
Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:40 PM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:45 PM
i did post a reply..... my writing is in the red color
Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:56 PM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:57 PM
ok so i clicked on start/stop windows defender servces. and im reading there and im reading about the delayedautostart is created. well um when i got on my laptop spybot was telling me about something had changed called delayedautostart i didnt know what it was so i denied change. how do i fix that
Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:01 PM
i havent installed an antivirus program but i am running the windows essencials and firewall etc but as far as what i've installed is... rkill ...malwarebytes, spybot
Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:03 PM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:16 PM
hmm i was advised on this site to install it
thank you for letting me know. i do have a question however. if i remove spybot will it fix the problem it created or do i just need to contact spybot support period.
Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:21 PM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:26 PM
the delayed auto start flag could not be set
error 87 the parameter is incorrect
Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:33 PM
Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:43 PM
i have 18.104.22.168 so which of your links do i click on ... sorry im not computer literate thank you very much for your assistance and patience
Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:35 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users