Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes vs. EmsiSoft

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Warthog-Fan

Warthog-Fan

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

Gentlepersons,

While trying to find a problem on my main computer recently, one of the moderators requested that I run two anti-malware programs; Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Emergency kit. After running them and deleting some unwanted programs my main computer's performance improved a lot.

I decided to buy Malwarebytes and install it on both my main computer and also my laptop. Since both of the above programs worked so well on my main computer, I decided to run both of them on my laptop as well. First I ran Malwarebytes and it found one file that was considered to be unneeded. Then I ran the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and it found about eight files, two of them listed as trojans. Needless to say, I got rid of them.

I know that Malwarebytes is considered to be a great program here on these forums. This leaves me to wonder why Emsisoft Emergency Kit seemed to find so many files that Malwarebytes seemed to have missed. Any opinions as to why this might be?

Thanks for the info.

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

The full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) includes a real-time Protection Module that uses advanced heuristics scanning technology to monitor your system and prevent the installation of most new malware, stopping malware distribution at the source. This technology dynamically blocks malware sites & servers, prevents the execution of malware, proactively monitors every process and helps stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. Anti-virus software is inherently reactive...meaning it usually finds malware after a computer has been infected. Keep in mind that this feature does not guarantee something will not slip through as no product can detect and prevent every type of malware. The database that defines the heuristics is updated as often as there is something to add to it. Also keep in mind that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software...it does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like an anti-virus program so it is intended to be a supplement, not a substitute.

The Emsisoft Emergency Kit contains a collection of programs that can be used without software installation to scan for malware and clean infected computers. The Kit includes the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Scanner complete with graphical user interface. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an antivirus platform that includes anti-malware protection which uses two scanning engines and three security levels (or layers) of protection to prevent the installation of malware and stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. These layers consist of surf protection, a dual-engine file guard, and advanced behavioral analysis which is extremely difficult to penetrate. EAM continually monitors the behavior of all active programs looking for any anomalies that may be indicative of malicious activity and raises an alert as soon as something suspicious occurs. The behavior blocker is able to detect unknown zero-day attacks without signatures.

EAM combines its technology with Bitdefender Anti-Virus utilizing live cloud-verification for superior detection and removal of malware infections effectively. Emsisoft Pro offers a full anti-malware solution which you can run alongside your favorite antivirus as extra protection without conflicts. Compatibility with other security products is constantly tested. Emsisoft Pro includes a malware removal guarantee and personal assistance in emergency situations. For more information, please refer to:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users