11/09: Did Clean reinstall of Win7. Updated IE and installed Google and Chrome as well as MSN and IE for startup and use of internet. Completed installation of HP Printer and reinstalled some books and 2 movies from backup drive. Checked out the internet connections and looked at Bleeping Computer for fun.
11:10: Booted up and went online. Both the msn and google browser sites were gone; I got a different on, which is identified as 'OneStop-Search.blogstop". Can't find any info on it. I reset both msn and google and tried to go online. Could get online with ie and msn, but google would not open. Tried to find google and chrome but couldn't, and couldn't download/install them either.
I could find no sign of the OneStop-Search.blogstop in Control Panel, anywhere on the Hard Drive, or in the registry. Downloaded and ran AdWare, SuperAntispyware, MSE, Emisoft.....No sign of the problem there or from an online search. When I downloaded MBAM I tried the combo download of google and chrome-- and that worked.