Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No one will help me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 char236

char236

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Why can't I get anyone to help me with my slow computer problem , it could be a virus on here

I need some help

TX Char

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:01 PM

G'day char236, and Welcome to BC !

One of our members, Agouti, did try to help you HERE  ....but you failed to respond.(Am I Infected Forum)

Today you have posted in the MRL forum ( HERE

Because the MRL area ( Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs) is an incredibly busy area and is Staffed by Experts in Malware removal......you are going to need to be patient......

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.  I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

I hope that gives you some idea.

If you have any questions...please ask them Here.......do not add any replies to your topic in the MRL area.

Condobloke

Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??

LINUX IS THE ANSWER

I USE LINUX MINT EXCLUSIVELY... NO DUAL BOOT, NO VIRTUAL MACHINE

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

#3 uccvlc

uccvlc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

Slow Computer Checklist

Malware

Step 1. Make certain your virus scan program is up to date.  If you do not have a virus detection program, a good free one is Malwarebytes.  Go to www.malwarebytes.com for a free download.  Perform a full scan of your computer and if malware is found delete/quarantine them as instructed.

Step 2. If the sluggishness is sudden, and you have recently downloaded an application, the problem may reside there. Test this by completely removing it. 

Step 3. Adware and Spyware can drastically effect your computer’s performance, and these are all over the Internet. A very recent study indicated that one out of every 20 executable files on Web sites is spyware, and 1 in 25 domains contain at least one piece of spyware waiting for victims.  Update the definitions of your anti-spyware applications and scan your hard drives in Safe Mode. 

Uncontrolled Applications

Step 4. Review applications that self-launch on startup. Many programs, for instance, install a quick-launch feature that allows them to be opened quickly; other programs will include an automatic update feature that requires them to be running in the background. Each of these slows down your launching Windows and each requires a small bit of resources while your computer is running.
The easiest way to review and to manage start-ups is to use one of the many small utilities available. If, for example, you have Spybot Search and Destroy, you can use its startup tool that lists startups and allows you to turn off any you do not need. Also, remember that all those icons on your Desktop also take a small amount of boot time to place themselves. 

Lack of Maintenance

Step 5. Clean up your hard drive (preparation for Step 7). Delete unused programs and transfer old files to a CD. Unplayed games, lots of family pictures, zipped files that you have already opened, applications you have not used in two years, software for that old printer you threw away last year---these are some examples of files you can delete. Then use Window’s Disk Cleanup to delete temporary internet files, temporary PC health files, etc.. 

Step 6. Run scandisk/checkdisk in Safe Mode. Have it repair anything it finds.

Step 7. Defragment your computer. Windows tends to put new files in any available open space; defragging will place associated segments of files closer together so your read arm has less travelling around the hard drive to do, saving wear and tear while speeding up programs.

All these steps may take more time than you prefer but will definitely help the performance of your computer.

Would love to hear some feedback on this information.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

To add to what Condobloke said

Since you have logs posted in MRL while waiting for assistance do NOT to make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member. Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

The Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the Malware Removal Team Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.

Since the OP has a log posted in MRL this topic is closed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 November 2014 - 04:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users