Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 not installing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jooking

jooking

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

Trying to install windows 8.1 on a new computer from disc. its a brand new disc, the first time i tried to install it it didn't work then wanted to re-try it, so i reinstalled it, it installed correctly, booted up just fine, then after i plugged internet in, it said error must restart computer and gave me a :(   Then it would boot up and do that as soon as i moved the mouse, i tried to repair windows by reinstalling/repair option as nothing is on the HD yet. now it tries to boot up, i get the window picture with the circles under it and then a window pops up titles Install Windows it says

" The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click 'OK' to restart the computer, and restart the installation" 

then it powers down then this happens again, and again, tried to boot from windows 8.1 disc same problem, tried to boot from HD same problem, 

Hero Vi Mobo

8 gig ram

GeForce GTX 900 

120gig Samsung SSD 2.5"

i5 cpu

trying to get this computer up and running please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jooking

jooking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

finally got it to boot from disc, doing the "fully clean drive" version, hopefully this works

#3 jooking

jooking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

happened again, tried to update windows and it happened again...... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users