Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello dept of justice ransomeware virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dfw123

dfw123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

Hello! 

I got dept of justice ransomeware virus tried safe mode (without networking, with networking, or with command prompt) it will automatically reboot the computer. I have also tried running Kaspersky Rescue disk, Hitman pro kickstarter, windows defender offline, malwarebytes, and I even removed both hard drives from the PC and slaved them to my laptop to run scans, but nothing has been able to remove this version of DOJ (moneypak). Looked this forum and tried for 3 days. Other post using for xpud-0.9.2.iso file not working it seems miss some files.

moneypak screen still show if I disconnect internet cable. I have XP with SP3.

Any help?

Edited by dfw123, 10 November 2014 - 10:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:59 AM

Greetings and :welcome: to BleepingComputer,
My name is xXToffeeXx, but feel free to call me Toffee if it is easier for you. I will be helping you with your malware problems.

A few points to cover before we start:

• Do not run any tools without being instructed to as this makes my job much harder in trying to figure out what you have done.
  • Make sure to read my instructions fully before attempting a step.
  • If you have problems or questions with any of the steps, feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.
  • Please follow the topic by clicking on the "Follow this topic" button, and make sure a tick is in the "receive notifications" and is set to "Instantly". Any replies should be made in this topic by clicking the "Reply to this topic" button.
  • Important information in my posts will often be in bold, make sure to take note of these.
  • I will attempt to reply as soon as possible, and normally within 24 hours of your reply. If this is not possible or I have a delay then I will let you know.
  • I will bump a topic after 3 days of no activity, and then will give you another 2 days to reply before a topic is closed. If you need more time than this please let me know.
  • Lets get going now :thumbup2:

==========================

Hi dfw123,

Do you have a windows XP CD?

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#3 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hi dfw123,

This is a 3 day bump:

It has been more than 3 days since my last post.

• Do you still need help with this?
  • If after 48hrs you have not replied to this thread then it will have to be closed.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

#4 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users