Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 too_sly

too_sly

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:10 AM

I'm having a strange problem where when I plug in my 5.1 speakers if there is no sound playing I can hear small popping sounds every 20 seconds or so. When music or other sound is playing, the sound cuts of while the file keeps going, then the sound picks back up then cuts out and so on.

However, if I plug in my headphones I have no problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:25 AM

Hello,

What Sound Card do you have? Many sound cards require a little setup troubleshooting to playback the sound how you intend it to. The 5.1 format consists of three speakers across the front and two speakers in the rear. The .1 is a sixth channel called an LFE that is sent to a subwoofer.

If your sound card does not support 5.1, then your speakers will not achieve the desired output properly.

Hope this helps,

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 too_sly

too_sly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

well I have a soundblaster audigy LS which does support my 5.1, but I'm pretty sure it's not my sound card since it was doing the same thing with the sound card from the motherboard as well.

#4 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:06 PM

Hello,

If you could be just a bit more specific, that would really help weed out some variables. There are endless posiibilities, so any little detail would help.

You mention that when you plug the speakers in they act up. Did this just start happening to a setup you have had for awhile? Did you upgrade any components, and afterwards start experienceing problems? Did you install a program and start experiencing problems soon after?

I would love to help, so please, paint me a picture, the more info the better, Thanks.

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users