Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Kaspersky trial is allmost over getting close to pick and av-test

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JSTJ704

JSTJ704

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:08 AM

I have tried bitdefender total securty there was things I liked about it easy to use kinda plug and play . I and now I am trying kasperky pure 3.0 12 days left I like it better then the bitdefender, do to more settings that you can control and adjust and I also like there password manger . With that being said I like secuity suits.Dection and protection is the most important and Kaspersky Ranks high on bleeping computer and other sites and I love them having live chat support also. I also run malwarebytes with each one I tierd or useing. I also Can you trust and belive av-test? or can you trust them to a alittle.They are doing testing or is it marketing? I al;so seen trend micro tittenium rated high also.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

...Can you trust and belive av-test? or can you trust them to a alittle.They are doing testing or is it marketing? I al;so seen trend micro tittenium rated high also.

There are several reputable labs which test the effectiveness of major anti-virus programs and security suites to include AV-Comparatives.org, Virus Bulletin Comparative Tests, AV-Test.org, NSS Labs Consumer Anti-Malware Products Group Test Report, etc.

Independent Anti-virus software Comparisons & TestsThese kinds of comparative testing results will vary depending on a variety of factors to include but not limited to who conducted the testing, what they were testing for (type of threats, attack vectors, exploits), what versions of anti-virus software was tested, what type of scanning engine was used, and the ability to clean or repair. There are no universally predefined set of standards or criteria for testing which means each test will yield different results. As such, you need to look for detailed information about how the tests were conducted, the procedures used, and data results.

Further, if you're dealing with zero-day malware it's unlikely the anti-virus testing is going to detect anything. It takes time for new malware to be reported, samples collected, analyzed, and tested by anti-virus researchers before they can add a new threat to database definitions.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

...I like secuity suits.Dection and protection is the most important and Kaspersky Ranks high on bleeping computer and other sites.

Choosing a security suite involves many of the same questions asked when Choosing an Anti-Virus Program or Choosing a Firewall. There is no universal "one size fits all solution that works for everyone.

I'm not an advocate of suites. All-in-one tools and suites generally use more system resources than separate programs that do the same task. They tend to have varying degrees of strengths and weaknesses for each feature. In contrast, separate tools are designed, built and maintained with a greater focus in a specific area so they are generally of better quality and more effective at what they are designed to do. This means the program's performance for that particular feature is usually superior than their all-in-one counterpart. Further, all-in-one tools generally do not allow the user as much flexibility in tailoring default settings and usage.

If you are adamant about using a suite, then I would recommend one of the following:

#4 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

Yeah it's Hard to choose Kaspersky has alot of features and I have watched youtube and seen kasp in action and it has good dection rate and removal about one of the best, from what I seen. I have tested emsisoft anti-malware and malwarebytes just the other day. It was a family members pc they got for free win 7 it was bad thats why they got it for free who ever had it was not to smart pretty much it put this way if there was a link that said virus download for free they would download it lol.I first cleaned it with CCleaner then I tried to download emisisoft or open the page it wouldn't let me I had to do it in safe mode and Malewarebytes and avast free too while at it. I manually removed alot first. Ran emisioft 54 items found and removed ran malwarebytes found 5 left over pups found and removed. Avast 5 virus. combofix iteams found how many can't remeber ,adwacleaner how many can't remeber ,rougekiller how many can't remeber. ran avast again clean everything.

well I enjoyed it I got it working for them and repair 2 window file etc it's Just from reading on here and the tool offered here from bleeping computer.

Thanks Guys

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

You're welcome and good luck.

#6 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

quietman7 I know you like Windows Firewall.So you believe Antivirus has greater focus on what than Security suite?Better quality and more effective?I disagree.Just interesting your opinion.

Sorry!

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:51 AM

As i said separate tools are designed, built and maintained with a greater focus in a specific area so they are generally of better quality and more effective at what they are designed to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users