Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows cannot install to this disk.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Elysium

Elysium

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

Hello friends,

I had a such trouble on installing windows 7 x64 today:

,,Windows cannot install to this disk. The disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install Windows to another location."

There was not another hard drive so i push NEXT and ran installation anyway. installing finneshed successfuly.

What does it mean? why it occurred during a installation?

It is i-5 proccesor with 4 GB RAM but it is impossible to say it works fast even after i did that re-installing a Windows.

May HDD is matter of that?

I did after back up by Acronis for make sure if something happens i will have back up for recovery.

Thanks in advanced.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oguzhanK

oguzhanK

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

Good afternoon Elysium,

By the installation of windows 7 you have to delete all the documents on the partition if you have a back up of you hard disk.

I have pasted a picture below, when you're here on the istallation you may click on ''delete'' on all the partitions you have.

When the installation is finished you can copy the back up back of your hard disk.

If there are another problems I hear it from you.

windows-7-install-size.jpg

Oguzhan

#3 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for reply Oguzhan,

I did that when i tried to install windows, i deleted that C drive only but it appeared again after i ran installation anyway. after i finished installing i make system back up only by acronis. and it is saved on D drive.

#4 oguzhanK

oguzhanK

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:44 AM

try it to set the back up on the C partition, I think that is the problem because I've done that too.

#5 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

Thanks i will try it.

#6 wishmakingfairy

wishmakingfairy

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

From a microsoft forum

Regarding this error message, here are two steps you can take:

1. Run chkdsk command from Windows 7 installation media.
  2. Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Prompt and reformat disk with Diskpart command while you see the first installer screen.

Using ubuntu and sharing how to as well as collecting how to scripts for common programs. Feel free to ask or share ^-^

#7 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

With reference to Post #3, whichever partition or drive the active copy of Windows is installed on is defined by Windows as the C:\ drive. Other partitions and drives are then given letter designations as Windows sees fit, but Windows itself is always on the C:\ drive.

Chris Cosgrove

#8 Elysium

Elysium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for your supports friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users