Have you looked in Firefox's Add-ons for extensions and plugins that you did not install? You can disable any suspicious ones
or do a search for any you don't recognize before disabling or uninstalling if they are not desirable.
Run scans using the two programs below.
- download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
- After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
- Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars...especially Yahoo.
You may see Google Tool Bar being offered. You can choose to download and use the portable version and avoid any chance
of installing an unwanted toolbar.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Piriform - How to run CCleaner from a USB drive
Download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
You should install Adblock Plus and NoScript in Firefox. The two best Add-ons. NoScript will take a bit of learning to use but it is
well worth the effort as it blocks getting malware from just visiting a web page and blocks several other attempts to infect your computer.
NoScript Security Suite :: Add-ons for Firefox
Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox