Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sweetpacks+toolbar who is it from & is it safe to leave in system?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kmouse

kmouse

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

my Kaspersky antivirus is Flagging "C:Program Files (x86)\sweetpacks bundle uninstaller\uninstaller.exe"for possibly harmful, but i don't think its doing my {OS.Windows 7 home,Browser, Chrome} any harm, think it may be from "foxtab"? and if it is, i like what its purpose is. "28 snapshots to quick links to my most or want to save sites.Opinions PLEASE??? THANKYOU in advance. :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

G'day kmouse, and Welcome to BC !!

Have a read...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-sweetpacks-toolbar

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Sweetpacks Toolbar is often paired with other Malicious Things.  Even if you feel that it is not causing current harm to your computer, it is usually recommended to remove it as it can lead to other malicious programs that can cause damage to the integrity of your computer. I've seen 100s of computers and every time I run a scan and find Sweet Packs, I usually always find other bigger issues as well. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users