Help with HP G62 laptop Win 7
Last night power went out...don't know how much of a surge was present.
Laptop was plugged in and on and when the power went out and my daughter just closed the lid so the laptop either went into sleep or hibernation. Battery is about 25% useful.
After power came back on tried to wake it up and couldn't.
Can get power light and a few other lights on trying to boot, but no video or chance for BIOS from both with charger or just with battery and the hard drive doesn't appear to spin up. The CPU fan spins but no beeps and no video. Get power light, Wifi light and Crtl light that blinks every 3 seconds. Get no HD light at any time
Here's what I've tried:
- Left off and disconnected for an hour.
- Pulled and rotated ram sticks.
- Tried USB enclosure for drive and did sector scan, chkdsk and sfc /scannow...all looks good.
- Used the Windows + B keys with start button to try and reset BIOS.
- Tried the power button with F1 and F2, just shuts down.
- Tried to boot from UBCD and starts to spin up, but can't tell because of no video.
Just can't get to post.
- Is this a processor or motherboard issue?..
I think that's about it. Have not tried to pull cmos battery ( last resort since its a pain on this laptop )
Any ideas would be appreciated