WireLurker: A New Era in OS X and iOS Malware
...WireLurker, a family of malware targeting both Mac OS and iOS systems for the past six months. We believe that this malware family heralds a new era in malware attacking Apples desktop and mobile platforms based on the following characteristics:
* Of known malware families distributed through trojanized / repackaged OS X applications, it is the biggest in scale we have ever seen
* It is only the second known malware family that attacks iOS devices through OS X via USB
* It is the first malware to automate generation of malicious iOS applications, through binary file replacement
* It is the first known malware that can infect installed iOS applications similar to a traditional virus
* It is the first in-the-wild malware to install third-party applications on non-jailbroken iOS devices through enterprise provisioning...
WireLurker is capable of stealing a variety of information from the mobile devices it infects and regularly requests updates from the attackers command and control server.
WireLurker for Windows