Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keylogger, remote computer, browser extensions, MS links?? HELP :)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bogtrotter

Bogtrotter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

So frustrated from the fact that I found "AnyKeylogger" on my PC (using MS Security Essentials) and KL Detector kept indicating I may still have a Keylogger, I did a system recovery. Having a clean system and wanting to see what KL Detector should look like with an unaffected system,  I ran the software again. This is what I found:

No suspicious files were found in your hard disk :)

A friend ( poor one at that) that I had a suspicion may have installed the earlier stopped by to use my computer to regain control of "his" (perhaps somehow mine) Yahoo account password.  I expressed my concern clearly that he may go to Yahoo only as I had just lost a great deal of information from doing a Factory reset because of locating one keylogger and now my system is clean. (He was unaware I had just received the clean slate from KL Detector just 30 minutes prior.He had listed me as a trusted contact to which they then a text to my phone with a 5 digit code, followed within one minute with another 4 digit code. This seemed odd and I asked why he had two codes sent and his reason was that he didn't hear my phone send the first. Irrelevant but I do not carry my phone around my neck as he must have believed.

He secured his account or whatever else he was doing and returned my machine back to me. I immediately ran KL Detector again and among the suspicious files to investigate the message was:

KL-Detector has found some suspicious files:

Please check; someone might have installed a keylogger on your computer!
You MAY want to take a look at: (followed by a lengthy list of files.)

This was followed by a "Look at this!" rather than an accusation and he left offended. Offended in spite of my knowing he and his girlfriend regularly install keyloggers on each others devices, lock each other from their accounts, and my personal witnessing that he has recorded other peoples conversations without their knowledge.

From the KL Detector full report I can clearly see that many files had been created and many had been modified.  I also noticed that there was history in Internet Explorer.  I use Chrome. As you can tell, I have reasons to suspect something is a bit shady but I am not that qualified to even know which area is breached...if any.  Can someone please help?  I already feel like a rape victim after finding the first Keylogger.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users