Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New to Chrome: a process/program called imtalk.googletalk.com???

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alyab123

Alyab123

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:33 AM

I am currently waiting "on line" in the virus removal forum, waiting (im)patiently for help with a virus that locked me out of my anti-virus. I did a restore to two days earlier, and firefox stopped working, plus the restoration that I did doesn't show up anymore. And there is an "Avast system restore" listed, even though I haven't touched restore since I posted in the virus forum on Nov 2, so something is definitely flakey.

So Back on Topic: I won't go near IE8, while still on XP, so I have no choice but to use chrome. (I am in the process, of getting set up with a new pc with windows 7, but I haven't been able to do that yet, so I'm still talking about XP). Chrome is so incredibly slow, it's driving me a little batty. I assumed my PC just couldn't handle chrome. But now I see that numerous autoruns were added by googleinstall. I don't know what I need, and what I don't. I'm just using chrome until I get the green light to try re-installing firefox. However, K-9 web protection is repeatedly notifying me of one or two google things that are being blocked from accessing the web, because they are in the "chat" category - a setting I chose. I don't want these applications, and they are NOT installed as plug-ins as far as I can tell. 

Does anybody know what process/program/file is doing this, and how I can disable it? the only google plug-in is google update. Can I/Should i disable that? Oh, and for the record... I am using chrome WITHOUT being signed in to any google application. I'm sure there are cookies, but no login. So the talk thing is making me even more wary of what's going on.

off topic: I see there are quicktime dll files installed and enabled in the list of plug-ins. They are all almost the same; npqtplugin1.dll, but there are another 4 listed, each with a higher number. I thought they were duplicates, but they are for different mime types, and file extensions. Firefox never had anything like this. Is this normal for chrome?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users