Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are there fewer computer tech gurus on this site these days?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alyab123

Alyab123

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:51 AM

I'm trying to be patient waiting for one your amazing tech gurus to help me with an infection and its affect on my PC. I got such wonderful instructions and help the last time I had a problem, so I really trust and appreciate the members who generously lend their talents to help strangers around the world! I wish I could afford to donate - you guys are incredible. As per instructions, I can't really try any other ideas I come up with, because I will invalidate the initial DDS file. I see that 99,9% of the requests for help since my post on Nov 2 - and quite a few before that too, have yet to be responded to. Some have been updated by the original poster, which according to protocol, should actually bump them DOWN on the order of help received. So I'm just wondering, is this hobby, of helping people clean out the bad stuff going out of style? In this age of smartphones are there less technically talented people interested in helping here, then there were in the past? I noticed that almost all the posts that have a response recently, are by the same person. As much as I think so highly of the site, I need to know the truth. If there really are much fewer qualified helpers on the site, I'd like to know. Out of respect for the rules, I haven't gone anywhere else looking for help. But if the "staff" has really gotten too small to handle the amazing service they so graciously offer, I am waiting for help that may take weeks in coming! I still remember how I was helped previously, and I still rate this site as #1. But honestly should I go elsewhere? :unsure: 

I'm just waiting. meanwhile, and unfortunately I'm using a computer and hoping that my anti virus, firewall, and other security programs are not being bypassed by activity that initially completely disabled my security. The infection is "quarantined", but I know that doesn't mean my pc is clean at all. 

Sigh. I really don't want to go anywhere else. But really, one or two (amazing people) people are not enough for the virus removal forum. Your reputation is so high, that a lot of people know this is THE address for help. Unfortunately, if there's really not enough people here anymore - that's OK. I mean, it doesn't make me happy, but anyone who voluneers[d] here is a hero and deserves a medal for what they did even if they no longer do it. But then I need to go elsewhere. When there's too much demand and too little supply, it's just obvious that it's time to move on. :mellow: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, its never fun having to deal with an infected computer. I cna assure you we have more than one or two active helpers, but lately the amount of malware topics has doubled compared to a few months ago. This due to some new malware that is hard to remove with automated tools. I understand it is frustrating to have to wait, but be assured that your topic is not overlooked.

I see that 99,9% of the requests for help since my post on Nov 2

Actually you posted it on 4 November, and you received a reply today from Logbot with detailed instructions. :)

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Alyab123

Alyab123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

I apologize I got the date wrong. It's odd, though, I thought I checked my starter date before I posted. I must have been tired. I just checked again and it was actually Nov 3 late night.  And yes, thankfully the Logbot found me! When I'm feeing l unsafe in my PC, each day probably feels longer than it is. well thank you for addressing me anyway!

I'm happy to hear you still have a broad helper staff, and that you are still invested in this endeavor.

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

I hope you'll have your computer up and running normally ASAP. :thumbup2:

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users