Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Can't Log On To My Desktop!,hrlp Please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 king2050

king2050

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:31 AM

SO I TURN ON THE DESKTOP AND THAN IT GOES TO THE SCREEN NAME'S,THERE ARE 4 SCREEN NAMES,I HAVE TRIED ALL THE SCREEN NAMES BUT I JUST CAN'T LOG ON.EVERY TIME I CLICK IT SAYS LOGING ON AND THAT STAYS ON FOR 1 SECOND AND LOGS OFF BY IT SELF.IS THERE ANY SOULUTION TO THIS PROBLEM ??? :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

REALLY SORRY WRONG SECTION,I HAVE XP

Moved to more appropriate forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 16 June 2006 - 07:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

Sorry it took so long to get here but this is a problem that could be a good one.

With out an error message I would suggest the next thing and print the document for reference.

Langa Letter: XP's Little-Known 'Rebuild' Command Hal.dll
http://www.informationweek.com/story/showA...cleID=185301251

If this will not work please post an error message it makes it so much easier to diagnose.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:37 AM

Can you boot to safe mode with command prompt?

If you can, you can invoke Windows Restore to revert your computer to a date before this problem began.

To accomplish that:

1.Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
315222 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/) A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
2.Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.3.Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
4.Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users