Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crackling, skipping, stuttering, lagging audio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 detekk

detekk

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

I was messing around with some audio configurations the other night, basically trying to get things to sound 'louder'. Anyway, whatever I did I guess has made audio just about unlistenable. I don't want to fully restore my computer but is there a way I could just restore the audio settings? I think I've restored most settings for the audio but maybe I'm missing something.

I have a Lenovo laptop with "Realtek High Definition Audio" for the playback.

**edit: Seems to only be happening through iTunes! Just blasted some music through Youtube and the audio was fine.

Edited by detekk, 08 November 2014 - 07:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 detekk

detekk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

Well, I searched around and it seems to be an issue with making sure the sound playback is at the same sampling rate as iTunes. So far so good. If anybody has the same issue I recommend making sure your iTunes sampling rate is at the same rate as the playback device settings.

#3 ztool

ztool

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:32 AM

I'm now having this problem and have been for almost a week, I updated my iTunes and had an issue connecting my iPod, called up Apple Support and had to reinstall iTunes for it, I discovered I had this issue once I got it back, I just found out a couple other people just started having this problem too and I only just found out this solution, but I tried making the sound playback the same sampling rate in iTunes as the hardware and sound settings but that still has not fixed it, am I missing something?

#4 detekk

detekk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

I may be totally wrong with this suggestion, but I would make sure all the devices support the sampling rate you are using. Maybe start with the lowest quality and go up from there? But I would assume at the least that 16bit 48khz would be available to you.

#5 ztool

ztool

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

How do I check what sampling rate the devices support? I just tried 16bit 48khz and still no luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users