Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Ports Not Working Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rivix

Rivix

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

I play lots of CS:GO, I have a logitech keyboard Dell Mouse and Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset, my mouse just randomly freezes and I cannot move it and it recently got really bad because when it does freeze it won't unfreeze and I have to completely restart my PC, I have tried changing the ports when this happens but it doesn't work. In addition to this I have tried uninstalling everything from the Device Manager and re-installing I have also tried updating my drivers to Etron 3.0 USB Drivers but it has not worked! Help me please! I'm desperate.

Edit - this also happens to my keyboard where I can't type anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rivix

Rivix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

Bump

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,610 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

The only thing I can think of is to disable USB selective suspend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

Any failing usb device that is connected to a computer may cause other usb devices to malfuntion, this includes webcams in laptops etc.

Try disconnecting devices just use the mouse alone and see if you have any freezes, or just use the keyboard alone etc.

Sometimes a broken usb port will cause problems as well. Visually inspect each USB port for physical damage or bent pins.

Edited by zingo156, 10 November 2014 - 01:33 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users