Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

second time building, and stumped.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Igitzu

Igitzu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hello. This is my second time building a computer. The first time was a little hard, and took me a couple days to figure everything out. Eventually though, the computer worked and it worked good. Only problem with the first build was the two front usb ports don't work cause they aren't compatible with the board.

So here I am now. I am giving my first computer to my sister because her computer doesn't work very well. I am building a new one for me.

The first computer cost roughly $400-500 with screen,keyboard,mouse, and dvd drive included. I had to buy a new processor as well because I broke the pins the first time putting it in (well my dad broke it even more by shoving it in).

The second computer costs $350 because my sister already has a screen, mouse, and keyboard. The parts this time are a little better, so it is a little more money.

Basically, I have a 

ASUS P8B75-M/CSM LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
and Rosewill Black SECC Steel USB 3.0 Mid Tower Computer Case Cases REDBONE U3
along with a Antec Basiq BP350 350 Watt Power Supply.

Now my problem is. I can't seem to figure out where everything goes. And I'm almost afraid, from what I do see, that alot of it isn't compatible with board or case and that www.pcpartpicker.com compatibility filter possibly cheated me into $350 of possible return parts.

Also. On the power cord that attaches to the board, I accidentally made the tiniest of slices. Can I just tape it with electrical tape?

I would appreciate whatever help you could give me at this point. I'm getting ready to try to return them, but I don't think I will be getting my money back.

And I got the parts from amazon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcta79

jcta79

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

my suggestion would be is to look at tutorial videos on how to assemble your rig. Watch as many videos so you can get acquainted with what the parts are and how to hook them up. Even though you have different style mobo's but they all hook up the same. I hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users