Please do the following in the order it is requested.
1. Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware
1) Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.
2) Malwarebytes will automatically open. If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.
Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.
If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below. Click on Scan
You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.
3) The scan will automatically run now.
4) When the scan is complete the results will be displayed. Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions
5) To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes
6) Please post the Malwarebytes log.
To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe
and save it to your desktop.
To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop. When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items. Copy and paste this in your next post.
2. Please download and install Speccy
to provide us with information about your computer. When FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version
in the upper right pane.
When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.
Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.
The following screen will appear, click on Yes.
The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.
In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste. This will load a link to the Speccy log.
3. Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List Installed Programs
Click on Go to start the scan. Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.
4. Please run the ESET OnlineScan
This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to have the time to allow this to run till it is completed.
***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***
- Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.