Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nintendo Wii

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:09 PM

Check out this trailer for the Nintendo Wii:

http://www.kahsoon.com/2006/06/02/nintendo-wii-trailer/

OMG!! I so want to get one of these!!! I'd rather pay anything for the Wii than for the 360 or PS3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:25 AM

Lol playing that tennis game you could take someones eye out.

Looks fun though, I wonder how easy those controllers are to use with that 3D range and all?

-Nick

#3 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:57 PM

I just got a 360 and I thoght that the Wii would be the worst of them all. Why do you want it so bad?
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

I want the Wii because of all the coo moves you can do with it! :thumbsup:

Swinging a bat, and the tennis look like a lot of fun! :flowers:

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:38 PM

I want the Wii because of all the coo moves you can do with it! :thumbsup:

Swinging a bat, and the tennis look like a lot of fun! :flowers:

Then get Jak's tv sports games....... It's basically the same thing....

The problem with the wii is that it won't work like most people are assuming. Everyone has a different size tv, and the wii isn't using the typical light-gun technology. So instead of being able to point at an enemy on tv and pull the trigger, you have to maneuver the crosshair with the movements of the wiimote. In other words, it's like a verticle mouse. The wii is going to come w/ 2 sensor bars (one to place on top of your tv, one to the side). Since all tv's aren't the same size, the motion sensing is going to be very different from the "Duck Hunt" and "Time Crisis" most of us are used-to.

Also, the Wii is about as powerful as a souped-up xbox. The only thing the Wii has going for it is the "revolutionary" control scheme. There will be no jump in physics, graphics, or AI. Hell, even the wii games at e3 were running on modified gamecubes.

If the new controller flops (as most gimmicks do, imo), then the wii's sales will probably hit the dirt.

I'm sticking to the cheaper version of the ps3.

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

Nintendo Wii is the first console to interest me since the SNES.

On another note, how come that every time I hear Nintendo Wii I start thinking about Internet Explorer in that Firefox Ad?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

:thumbsup: I never made that connection. I just think that everytime I hear Nintendo or someone use the term "Wiimote," it makes me think of Nintendo being childish.

#8 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:40 PM

:thumbsup: I never made that connection. I just think that everytime I hear Nintendo or someone use the term "Wiimote," it makes me think of Nintendo being childish.

Well, it's undeniable (please, don't try to deny it) that N's main target audience, hell even their fan-base, are children.

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:49 PM

Yea but the "wiimote" makes it sound "babish." Sounds like I'm talking to a 2year old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users