Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot open default email folders after system restore.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 das234

das234

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:55 PM

I had some malware showing up on my computer so I decided to do a system restore to a couple weeks ago when I believe it was clean (with the help of Bleeping Computer).  After restoring, when I try to open my Outlook e-mail, I get the following message: cannot open your default e-mail folders. the file C:/... is not a personal folders file.  I'm not sure if I still have a Malware problem but right now my biggest problem is that I can't get to my email.  Help?

Dave

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 08 November 2014 - 07:17 PM.
Moved to Web browsing and e-mail

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 das234

das234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

UPDATE- I discovered that my Microsoft Office files are also not working either.  Word documents don't display properly and Excel documents won't even open.  In case helps at all.  This all began after I did a system restore to an earlier time.  I wish I hadn't done that.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Try going to Control Panel>Programs, select your Microsoft Office installation, and select repair. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to uninstall and reinstall Office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users