Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to completely remove Arcade Yum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amorello06

amorello06

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

I am a technician for a church.  One of the pastors has 8 kids and always has malware.  I have only been partially successful in cleaning an Arcade Yum infection.  It will no longer run the ads but it still shows in the addons and removal is disabled in the addons menu for IE.  I have run the following. Adwclean, Junkware removal tool, ComboFix ( this was before I had read that I was supposed to have someone tell me to do it)  MalwareBytes, and Sophos. I also did a Kaspersky scan. I think it is hiding in the registry but I can't find anything that tells me which lines to delete in the registry, only stuff trying to get me to download Spyhunter which I believe has malware.  I need to have this back by this Sunday.  I have only partially resolved the problem.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Andrea

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 amorello06

amorello06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

I realized that I left off some important information.  The OS is Windows 7 Home premium.  The Infection is in IE 11. I have since installed other browsers but I want to be able to complete the work.

Thank you 

Andrea

#3 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

There are a few other places that Arcade Yum Likes to Hide : 

Go ahead and Open you Run Box ( Win Key + R) 

"Delete any folders or files related to Arcade Yum by checking the following locations"

%ProgramFiles%

%AppData%

%ProgramData%

%LocalAppData%

And I would also recommend Resetting your Internet Explorer : 

Open the Run Box Again ( Win key + R )

SOLN3587Fig1-1.png

Go to Tools -> Internet options -> Advanced Tab and click the Reset button (make sure to select the Delete Personal Settings checkbox).

*please note that in order to save your favorites, you need to export them before resetting the browser as you will lose all personal settings.

After IE completes the operation, click close button and then close IE in order for the changes to take effect.

Edited by xAnti_HerOx, 14 November 2014 - 04:25 PM.

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users