Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 weird things happening

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beckylousiana

beckylousiana

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:22 PM

I am trying to figure out some things going on with my husbands computer. Every startup A black screen comes up "taskeng.exe". 

I have tried to search on my own and figure it out. I have went into task scheduler, but I am afraid I may be doing more harm than good. After going into Task Scheduler and disabling several things that I did not deem necessary, The taskeng.exe window is coming up and staying up, and there is a new popup

"Program Files (x86)\Browersafeguard\BrowserSafeguard.exe Windows cannot find c:\Program Files (x86)\Browsersafeguard\BrowserSafeguard.exe Make sure you have typed the name correctly and then try again. OK

When I press OK for this window, the taskeng.exe window disappears...

There is also another pop-up that says 

"Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose Switch to or retry. 

Either choice appears to do nothing.

I have run several programs including

CCleaner

MalwareBytes

Super Anti Spyware

Stinger

JRT

RogueKiller

SecurityCheck

TDSSKiller.exe

and have logs if you are interested.

otherwise I will follow whatever instruction and advice you can give.

Thanks!

Becky Lou

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 08 November 2014 - 07:31 PM.
Moved to Win 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

For your information BrowserSafeguard is seen by some as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Here is the entry for it on BC -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Browsersafeguard.exe-27687.html

Should you decide you don't want it and want to remove it, removal is quite straightforward through Control Panel, but here is an illustrated guide -

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/browser-safeguard-remove-how-to,news-19273.html

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users