Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burn mp3 files to disc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

I have a few sets of mp3 files I want to burn to disc. I highlight them in Windows 7 Explorer window and click Burn at the top. Now, "you have files waiting to be burned to disc", without a clue as how to proceed.
Somehow I got to Windows Media player and it started burning - but it was the wrong files. I couldn't stop it, couldn't cancel it, couldn't open the cd drawer. The two files that were burned to disc do in fact play in my car cd player, which is what I want them for.

Later, I  dragged these files to the Burn list in Media Player...I don't know what happened...files got renamed, it somehow created a jumbled list that I don't know where it came from...

How to get the right files to burn?

Edited by RbtCmpt, 07 November 2014 - 05:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Here's a simplified article on using Windows Media Player to burn a music CD:  http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-create-audio-cd-mp3-files-using-free-software.htm

#3 RbtCmpt

RbtCmpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

Here's a simplified article on using Windows Media Player to burn a music CD:  http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-create-audio-cd-mp3-files-using-free-software.htm

Thanks, I read through this earlier when I was trying to figure this out. When it lists the step, "Navigate through the Library until you find the songs you want to burn"...are these files somehow supposed to be in the 'Library'? Can't they be anywhere on the hard disk? I did drag them from there to the 'Burn list' and it turned into a big mess.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

Yes, the files can be elsewhere on your hard drive but I think you'll have to create a playlist first.  After that you can then drag the files from the playlist into the burn area.  I don't use WMP to burn my CD's but from playing around with it that's how I figured out the playlist method.  Maybe someone else who uses WMP who knows of another way can chime in.

Edited by Agouti, 07 November 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

From what I know is that the converted files are in the Users/Music Folder and there is an Option to preset the desired access of files with WMP Organize panel and Options Menu (Player and Library). But usually I use a different free media software to burn mp3 files to disc which is pretty straight forward in dragging or choosing files to be added to the list and not affect the contents and information of the music file. Try BurnAware instead.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users