Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Korean To Windows English?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ackack

ackack

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

is it possible to switch from a KOREAN WINDOWS XP to an ENGLISH XP without having to purchase something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

is it possible to switch from a KOREAN WINDOWS XP to an ENGLISH XP without having to purchase something?

Try looking here

After trying a few things,post back if further help is needed.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 ackack

ackack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:04 PM

well i mean not like just changing the language, but changing the WHOLE PC to windows english cause my computer came in korean and id like to change it without purchasing anything..

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:10 PM

What are you trying to accomplish that the following will not provide?

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/referen...p/changeUI.mspx

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:57 AM

I have read that you cannot change Language versions of XP unless you purchased the multi-lingual version, and then only if the language that you need is included in that version.

I read this on the Microsoft newsgroups a while ago but cannot locate the exact post for a reference.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

well i mean not like just changing the language, but changing the WHOLE PC to windows english cause my computer came in korean and id like to change it without purchasing anything..

Here are 2 links about it--

link one

link two

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:06 AM

Nice links medab1! Thanks!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 ackack

ackack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:20 PM

well those really didnt help me..

#9 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

I have removed my post in this thread because this member has three threads open basically on the same thing. He has a legal Windows XP with SP-1 and was told to go ahead and reformat on my other post.

Edited by ThorXP, 17 June 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#10 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:49 PM

Link 2 should have been productive as it explained how to install a multi-boot installation using a supported language, English, and Korean which is the installed version language.

The only other thing I can think of would be to call Microsoft Support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users