Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet After Leaving VPN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 compcrewnpt

compcrewnpt

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

Hello,

I'm working on a Windows 8 laptop that was using Astrill to connect to a VPN overseas. Now it won't connect to any network. wireless and ethernet adapters are working. I've manually reset TCP/IP with netsh command. Any ideas on where to begin the fix?

Thank you,

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 compcrewnpt

compcrewnpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

Update

I think I found the answer to the lost internet connectivity. I have not implemented it yet. Per Astrill VPN manual

*Important if you follow this advice in Windows 8

Use recimg command

NO INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ASTRILL IS OFF/LOGOUT

You can try these solutions below

Check browser network settings, remove any proxy.

If there is no proxy, you can change your DNS to google DNS. You can refer from this screenshot

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55630999/screenshots/dns-settings-check.jpg

If it still does not work, you can follow these steps below

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

-John

Edited by compcrewnpt, 07 November 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#3 compcrewnpt

compcrewnpt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

All working after running Windows Refresh a few times. Ended up buying Paragon's Migrate OS to SSD for USD16.00. Only took 15 minutes to clone drive (UEFI + GPT) EaseUs would not run.

-John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users