Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Green Screen on Videos & Slow Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scava

Scava

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

This is a kinda new laptop, and apparently. I've already updated all the Network & Display drivers.

Yet, most videos are usually not rendering properly or go on a dark green screen.

In the occassion that they do render, they render improperly and have to buffer a lot.

(Yes, I've already disabled hardware acceleration)

THIS NEVER HAPPENED on my other computers, I'm using the same internet and ISP I've used for years now, nothing has changed, but the computer.

Oh, and it's not just videos.

Internet is slightly slower in this computer as well. I can't manage to download anything too!

I can't download executable files either, every single one I've tried to download, gets stuck at 99.9% and doesn't finish, doesn't matter which browser, I've tried all, and I just can't download EXEs.

Actually scratch that

I can't download anything anymore. Not just Exes, but a lot of other things too get stuck and chrome says "Network Error".

What's wrong? 

This laptop didn't do this the first week I used it, why is it doing this now?

Could it be a malware?

Thanks for reading, please assist me.

HP EliteBook8470p

Windows 7 Professional

Intel Core i5 3320M 2.6GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4000

Edited by Scava, 06 November 2014 - 08:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scava

Scava
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

Nevermind, turned out to be anti-virus problems, that were forbidding these connections, and making everything slower. For anyone with similar problems, try downloading something from trustable source, let's say (Adobe official page) while having your anti-virus off, and see if that's the problem.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:08 AM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users