Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

javascript:void(0)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soimcrazy

soimcrazy

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:19 PM

I've had this toshiba about a year now and didnt have this problem until recently.

Theres a website I use that has an "add pictures" button. When I click on the button its supposed to open a widow linked the the website that contains pictures that I've uploaded to the website.

So....recently when I click on the button it opens a new window containing the homepage, instead of the page containing the pics.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, IE ....doesnt matter, all the same.

When I hover over the button it shows "javascript:void (0) on the bottom left of the screen....not sure what that means or if its a problem.

oh... I contacted the admin of the website and told them what I was trying to do and they logged into my account and placed the picture for me. So I'm ruling out the website and think its my laptop.

What do you guys think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 soimcrazy

soimcrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

I'm running Win 8.1

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

It sounds as if there's some javascripts disabled for that website in your computer browsers.  If you were using NoScript with Firefox, it would be easy to fix that, but since it's happening no matter what browser you're using, I don't know why that would be happening.  Did you recently install a security product or make some security changes on your computer?

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

If your pictures are available to the public by simply going to the site and using your user name in searches on the site to find your pics/ images

then you can do the same. Once you have located your pictures/ images then set a bookmark/ favorite.

I would think that you would need to be logged into the site to add pictures/ images. For security reasons, I would not want

to be constantly logged in or have the site's toolbar/ button constantly logged into my computer.

You can try resetting the button you have in your browser by uninstalling whatever add-on is installing the button and

reinstalling. You may need to delete all cookies for that site before successfully creating a new button.

Did I mention that I find this to be a security and privacy risk....yep.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 soimcrazy

soimcrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

I'm running Nortons, been using it for years and never had any issues with this until now. I turned off the web browser security for a few minutes to see if that would help, didnt.

See, what I'm doing is trying to access pictures I have saved to what called "forum images". Its a ubb software forum. I have these pics saved to this section. When I need to place them in certain areas on the forum (such as an avatar) I need to access that page (in the form of a pop-up) when I click on the link. But when I click on the link to bring up the pop-up with the pictures I get a pop-up with the homepage instead.

When I hover over the link it shows the javascriptvoid think. Though maybe that had something to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users