Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Plugin 'Multiple Content Blocks' not appearing on WordPress site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David7626

David7626

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:04 PM

I installed a plugin for my WordPress 4.0 site called Multiple Content Blocks, but the extra fields do not appear whenever I want to edit a page. I looked up in Screen Options too, and there's no option for it either.

Thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 David7626

David7626
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

I just checked into Settings > Multiple content blocks and I turned on "Show inactive blocks". The blocks appear on whenever I edit pages, but anything I type won't appear once I save and publish the page. This is strange because the plugin is activated and running. :/

#3 David7626

David7626
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

I figured it out.

It turned out I had to refer the blocks to a new template page. For example:

get_header();

st_before_content($columns='');
get_template_part( 'loop', 'page' );
st_after_content();

get_the_block('Block Name');
?>

<div class="pageStretch" id="company">
<div class="container sixteen columns">
<?php the_block('Block Name'); ?>
</div>
</div>

My issue was that I didn't carefully refer to the theme's hook commands. That's why the content blocks didn't appear on the editing page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users