Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to turn scanned photo into symmetric graphic for logo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pieper1000

pieper1000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hey everyone,

I have this logo which I scanned in and I would like to turn it into a symmetric graphic so I can use it as a "clean looking" logo for websites, tshirt prints etc.. I've tried Adobe Illustrator to turn it into a vector graphic, but since the scan is not very clear the logo doesn't look very symmetric after I turned every line of the logo into a vector. Is there any "smart- program" on which I can turn the logo into a symmetric graphic? I can imagine Illustrator is the right program, but I'd like it to "correct" my vectors, by suggesting alignments of vectors etc......

Cheers,

pieper1000

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:21 PM

Have you tried inkscape?

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hi😃

In advance I am known to ask questions to wrap my head around what you're doing. Please know that reading text does not always tell me the story 😃😃😃and no doubt you are far more experienced than I!

Ok then, did you use your home printer to scan from a photo of this logo?
How did you save the scan?
What program did you use to generate a vector?
Is the logo a "mirror image" that you are attempting to maintain?
Will the logo be in color or bl
ack & white?
You mention wanting to use the logo various ways, this means it will need to be saved with the ability to "re-size"?

Any chance you can "share" the scanned logo, if not public however in a PM to anyone wanting to help?

A logo can be anything to infinity, just not sure what you're dealing with😉

Self edit spelling and added wording

Edited by softeyes, 09 November 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#4 ElvisDufour

ElvisDufour

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

If you are aiming for a really clean vector logo, you should go and trace the logo design using adobe illustrator. Starting from a clean slate is the best option that I can see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users