Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't perform windows 8 restore

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hello,

I had asked a question prior to this question that I will ask now,

I have windows 8 and is a brand new pc.

I asked what to do when windows 8 updates microsoft security updates and I was told to do a restore point. and when I asked if the helper had any other suggestions if restore point does not work I didn't get an answer back might be he don't know either on what else to do.

But

I have tried to do restore point and this won't work.

the pc gives a message can't update and can't do a restore.

prior to this I had to refresh as that is the only way to get pc back up and working.

and once again I have updates that have loaded and once again it says to restart computer and when I do restart it goes right back to the same situation.

error says can't restart and gives me options to either refresh or restore.

the restore point is not working.

any suggestions.

Thankyou for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

You have an ongoing topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554687/windows-8-question-for-updates/?p=3526200

Please continue in that topic.

To avoid confusion for you and those helping you I am closing this topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users