Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jjworthy

jjworthy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

I've got a possible solution to an active post on a virus and want to see if I can help out the OP... but I don't have permissions to reply. :-(

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by jjworthy, 05 November 2014 - 05:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

G'day jjworthy, and Welcome to BC !

"don't have permission to reply" tells me that the topic is in the Malware Removal Area.

This area is staffed by the Experts of BC....they have undergone extensive training.

Feel free to chime in elsewhere in the various forums.

For now, if you click on the "Follow This Topic" button in the top right hand corner of that topics page.....that will send an email to your inbox each time there is a reply.....and at least you can watch the scene unfold !

Again...Welcome !...Enjoy your stay with us.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 jjworthy

jjworthy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, you're right. The OP's been waiting on a reply for a few days now, and I've got a solution that worked for me and thought I'd offer some help. Oh well.

Glad to meet you and thanks for the help Condobloke.

Jon

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

Yeah, you're right. The OP's been waiting on a reply for a few days now, and I've got a solution that worked for me and thought I'd offer some help.

That's the reason why you cannot reply to MRL posts.

This prevents members from making "me to" or "this is what worked for me" "this is how I fixed it" posts.

We train our own personnel to deal with malware removal in that forum. That guarantees the person receiving help there will ONLY get a trained and proper reply. No guess answers, no dangerous answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users