Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ultimate BootCD 4 Windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

First I'd like to say please don't get confused this is NOT the Ultimate BootCD which can be found at this link.

UBCD4Win

Basics to build
1 A copy of WinXP (It must have SP1/SP2 slipstreamed)
2 BartPE Builder
3 The UBCD4Win files
4 CD Burner to burn the ISO file.

From the author

UBCD4Win is a bootable CD which contains software that allows you to repair/restore/diagnostic almost any computer. All software included in UBCD4Win are freeware utilities for Windows®. UBCD4Win uses Bart's PE© which is how the CD boots into a Windows® environment with network support. Perfect for recovering deleted files on your harddrive without accidentally overwriting them or scanning a virus infected system. This project currently has 50+ utilities included in the download. Anti-Virus, CMOS password recovery, password finders, file recovery, Networking tools, CD burning software, MBR backup and recovery, etc. types of applications are all included in the download. Please visit the "List of Tools" page for a complete list of what is included in the project.

There are several requirements for building this CD which can and may make it hard for novices. Please understand that these requirements and restrictions are due to copyright laws, etc. When starting this project I wanted it to be as easy as possible. I wanted it to be a simple ISO file download just like the original Ultimate Boot CD. But to create the Windows® version of a Ultimate Boot CD requires a lot of M$ files. I had to weigh the ease of build and functionality very carefully. I prefer to think of this more in a positive way. I provide detailed instructions, email support, and the forum for help. Inexperienced users will feel a sense of accomplishment and gain knowledge when they successfully build the CD.

There are many freeware applications on this project to help you remove virus's, recover files, test your hdd's etc..... No admin should be without this disk, esp if you have friends and family who constantly use you as there technical support :thumbsup:

If you have any problems building, using or queries on this project please visit UBCD4Win forum where we may already have the answer for you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 03:41 PM

How would you say this compared to another project like BartPe?

Are they similar?

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 November 2004 - 03:52 PM

I provide detailed instructions, email support, and the forum for help. Inexperienced users will feel a sense of accomplishment and gain knowledge when they successfully build the CD.

Amen, I say. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 stidyup

stidyup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:45 AM

The UBCD4Win is very similar to BartPE, the only major difference is the plugins.

BartPE total download is 3.5mb and you need to supply most of the files to make the plugins work, plus locate and add any other plugins you want.

UBCD4Win use's the BartPE Builder to build the actual CD, but you got a fully configured CD with all the programs you need to recover your PC. UBCD4Win download file is 60mb+ so your gettting a lot of software. All software included is freeware, and must do a job, ie no demos with limited functionality.

AntiVirus
AntiVir
Stinger
Trend Micro Sysclean

CD Burning Programs - to burn off needed data

File Recovery Programs - recover deleted files

Diagnostic Programs

In nearly all cases the UBCD4Win should enable you to recover your PC, the only real exceptions I can think of is data recovery where sometimes it may be necessary to have professionals analyse your hdd in clean room to recover your data.

Edited by stidyup, 29 November 2004 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users