Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Private apps For Andriod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

HI FOLKS :thumbup2:

I take note Google maps becomes a key logger, the moment you press accept, which i have not done.

I don't care about big brother, but these tech nuts have made some real sick stuff for my android,

My life is my life.

I would like to start a post / thread here about safe apps for android.

Does anyone know of a place to get apps made by folks like the hobby-est at Spybot

or libre foundation, that are non invasive, not named after candy bars to hide the fact they are immoral

and invasive.

you know molesters always have candy bars to lure children

Jimbotoo    :bubbles:

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:02 AM

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

Thank you animal :thumbup2: 

this could be a great thread---but 57 visits and still no advice, That says something right there, are we helpless with andriod :scratchhead:

tail wagging the dog?

jimbotoo :bubbles:

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

I moved it, but I'm not understanding exactly what you're asking for. I was hoping someone else would and get things rolling.

Do you have credible evidence that Google Maps is a keylogger? Other than the autocomplete feature?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

I moved it, but I'm not understanding exactly what you're asking for. I was hoping someone else would and get things rolling.

Do you have credible evidence that Google Maps is a keylogger? Other than the autocomplete feature?

Hello Animal :hello:

I watched a gentleman on you tube (source of all wisdom) show folks how to install apps on android, to be sure this was one of those badly made things where the camera shoots were jerky, he swore like a sailor etc, when he got to google maps the screen flashed a I agree statement

which he read some of as he pushed agree, I don't remember the exact words but it was something to the effect google retains the right to record all your imput data, it was a fast clip, but to the best of my knowlege, the spirit of it was just that.

based on that and what another member said here---

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554097/securing-an-android-kit-kat-tank/

I started this thread.

And another thing, I know human nature.

I really don't care about big brother, nothing they see on my phone is ever gonna hurt me or them.

Last week the FBI said among educated people "Computer Crime Fear" has come to equal that of street crime.

And all i see in this and all i hear and have experianced,  tells me, immoral invasive behavior has become the norm masked as a free gizmo for my phone or computer.

The sickest is when they make up a name like Brothersoft, gee there my brother and they are soft and they just pup'ed my mechine.

So I am looking for apps that are made by nice folks like the ones at libre, that say what they mean and mean what they--IMPLY

as Google Analyitics, Face Book Connect and GooGle Plus Platform, ALL-

track mine and yours every  movement on this site, where i am told no where that would happen to me, maybe i missed it, but i don't remember agreeing to that invasive action.

And heres a big part of the problem Animal, and you will think i am being a smart rump,

but i mean it with all my heart-

I am so very stupid,

some days i don't have the good sense god gave a screw driver-

and tired of being taken for a ride because of that, truly thats a big part.

Plus--A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." — Douglas Adams.

All my best to you

jimbotoo :thumbup2:

Edited by jimbotoo, 07 November 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'll give you my two cents worth. I wouldn't trust an app on my phone made by somebody in his basement unless it was sent to Google and subjected to their testing. I will not sideload an app that hasn't been vetted unless it's from a corporation I know. Such as one of the known AV or Malware vendors.

But then again I don't use a AV or Antimalware app since I only download from Google. I also know every app that I download. If I ever happen to get a bug I'm all backed up and can uninstall the malware and reload my system.

At least with Google their habits are not a secret, I know who and what they are. I don't know Jimmy sneaky whizkid and his bundle of free 'safe' apps.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'll give you my two cents worth. I wouldn't trust an app on my phone made by somebody in his basement unless it was sent to Google and subjected to their testing. I will not sideload an app that hasn't been vetted unless it's from a corporation I know. Such as one of the known AV or Malware vendors.

But then again I don't use a AV or Antimalware app since I only download from Google. I also know every app that I download. If I ever happen to get a bug I'm all backed up and can uninstall the malware and reload my system.

At least with Google their habits are not a secret, I know who and what they are. I don't know Jimmy sneaky whizkid and his bundle of free 'safe' apps.

Hello animal  :welcome:

I spent some time today at one of the larger android help forums, they listed a number of google apps that were found out to be spy ware that got right past google.

They would not suggest or recommend anything in apps except most of the same things bleepling endorses as protective measures. To be frank, the culture of cell phones as the end all of personal growth and maturity concerns me more then

apps, facts are most folks just don't care as long as they get their diversion from having to spend a second alone with them selves, how used they are.

Away from that scary awful world were there is nothing more on the landscape but what one has done with their mind. Sigmund freud never spoke of the oral person as you hear folks inaccuritly frame him, as some who one needs to keep something in their mouth, he meant a person  who constantly had to have diverson from a out side source to exscape themselves.

Remember "the boob tube"

I think many of  these invasive computer events and the money they make, is kept going by folks who will risk outer intrusion at no matter what cost, rather then the fear of lonelyness without something to distract them.

When folks get a greater sense of "Personal Excitement" they intuitivly know to keep it they must protect their space,

That one shows no regard for this fact speaks reams.

And what devides boys from men is toys or tools, and i mean that with no debasement of leasure time, rest, reflection or the normal but great minds who developed this tool, many of whom how look on in horror at its newer uses.

I have half of my life lived in towns near military bases, we all knew our phones "were swept", I have little problem with big brother.

What i fear now is not the bad apps and downloads, but the folks who have disconnected from social grace and personal peace

to watch something, anything outside them selves, and can almost barely function interpersonally.

As far as this thread go's IMHO startpages android app is a good way to never get tracked, and a lot of other things, tho would be surley be watched more by big brother for using it, that i don't care much about, but jimmy whiz kid, or any pervert who would pretent to be a sheep, doing me a favor when actually a wolf, has no room at my dinner table. I just don't want to look at the word GOOGLE, the largest chamelion and molester in the world.

I think TVSK! in another post put it best, tho i only partially quote him here.

• "just accept Google owns Android. It is not private, treat it so.
  • No firewall required at this stage. (assuming you use your own carrier)
  • KitKat is the latest and greatest.
  • AVG currently has the best Android AV IMHO. That said, if you do get infected you can just reset your phone. I know of know comprehensive way to remove malware from Android.
  • When you get apps on Android they ask for the right to own just about everything on your phone. You need to be aware of what you agree to, but will still find you "agree" to things that you don't actually agree to. As far as 3rd party adware goes I have no knowledge. So many ads are being crammed down my throat anyway... I have some great apps I use for wireless network testing, mail and loading photos on FTP's and other sites. But I still had to have a Google account and agree to insane stuff to get these. For free of course. There is rarely a paid option that is better than the best free one on Android.
  • Photo editing on a phone is a foreign concept to me... like browsing forums. Still some do it. I can't see it causing problems.

To sum it up I believe Android is the best mobile option at the moment. But you have to be aware of its limitations. Never shop, paypal or do banking on it. Never take a photo you wouldn't want anyone else to see. And be aware that (like FaceBook) you are the product rather than the consumer." end quote

I will be neither victom or preditor, I will just be safe me.

Both former make bad friends, are unhappy, and often are a self inconflect with it self, seeking deversion

any legal or illegal means posiible.

Jimbotoo :thumbup2:

Edited by jimbotoo, 08 November 2014 - 08:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users