Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wanscam connetion to android and laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissinamarie

Chrissinamarie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hello everyone, This is my first time doing this and I am quite the dummy when it comes to operating today's technology. Having said that, I bought a wanscam for security purposes but there are no instructions in it for installation. I checked the internet, but the language they use is way above my level. It asked my for IP address....when searching for that via the internet, I found that there are 3 different ones (I think), none of which work. It also asked me for a port... a what? I am so very lost in this new techno world. I tried to find a number for the company so someone could walk me through the installation process, but can't find that either. I would give up on the whole idea but someone is throwing rocks at my dogs and I can't seem to catch them. Also, things have suddenly started missing around my home. Please can someone help me? I have the Wanscam IP wireless/wired camera. I have four of them and the disks that go with them. I thought that once I placed the disk into the disk drive, it would start up a menu. No such luck. Help me PLEASE !!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:52 AM

Hi,

Configuring IP cameras and associated recording software is intermediate level computing. It would be a protracted and possibly fruitless operation for anyone here to try and help you. (forum time moves in slow mode you see)

I really recommend that if you are serious about this you get someone to come out to your home to configure the devices.

I'm not trying to be mean here, just realistic.

Good luck,

TsVk!

#3 Chrissinamarie

Chrissinamarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

I appreciate your responding to my inquiry however, I'm someone that likes to do things for myself as that helps me to learn. When I first signed up for this site, I did so because I saw that there was a link here pertaining to the same issue. Try as I might, I couldn't find that link once I registered. I was later told that this might be the forum that I could use to get the help I'm seeking. Though I'm not ignoring you in the least, I will continue my quest for the knowledge I need. You see, if I allow someone else to do the work for me, how will I ever grow. It's like that old proverb.....You can give a man a fish and he will eat for that night. However, if you teach a man to fish, and he will never hunger again. I don't want to be hungry and have to rely on yet someone else to solve my need. I do appreciate your time and reply though.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

Teach a man to use Google and he can find out anything he wants... :whistle:

Here's some key searches for you.

• configuring IP cameras
  • IP camera recording software
  • VPN for home network
  • VPN software for Android

I hope this helps.

#5 Chrissinamarie

Chrissinamarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

Thank you for the sites to check out. I will indeed check them out all the whole praying they speak in a language I can comprehend. Again, thank you and have a truly blessed day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users