Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Junk?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kennyboy3

kennyboy3

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

Hi , as part of my life long mission too de-clutter our house I have numerous bits and pieces of pc software ie several boxed Belkin wireless G+ USB adapters with inst discs and dongles also several versions of nero burning suites 9 , 10 and 11 all of which were for xp , now I know xp has ended, my question is have these items any resale value or they just junk now , thanks for any advice   smiley20.gif ps oh and a full licensed boxed copy of xp pro .

Edited by hamluis, 05 November 2014 - 03:50 PM.
Moved from XP to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

IMO...considering the number of software versions which are now free (legally and illegally) that relate to XP...the value of your finds...is questionable.  I suspect that donating such to Goodwill would be a good option...or just giving items away to those who may want them.

Louis

#3 kennyboy3

kennyboy3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

hi thanks for the reply

#4 anniyan

anniyan

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

just now saw that old versions of nero suites are still being sold at nero.com :o

Become a BleepingComputer fan on Facebook
Have you seen.....Select Real Security

#5 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

There are websites that sell old versions of software, so there must be some demand for them.  Maybe you could try listing them on Craigslist?  Or maybe find some organization to donate them to.  My employer disposed of old computers by donating them to some local charities, along with outdated versions of things like Word. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users