Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All links are opening in new tabs for all browsers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bootycakes

bootycakes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hello, 

I've been troubleshooting a laptop that opens all links in new tabs for a while now. I've done as much research as I can, and I can't find what will fix this issue. 

This is what I've done....

Verified that in the tab settings in IE are set the same as a machine that's working fine. Restored Advanced Settings, same issue. Reset Internet Explorer Settings, same issue. Uninstalled IE 11 and re-installed it, same issue. Restore settings back to default in Chrome, same issue. And the same thing is happening is Safari.  :axe: 

This is a Windows 7 machine. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

hmmmm.....wonder if this could be a mouse issue....

If you have a mouse laying around that you could test with....try this...shut down the computer, then plug in the mouse

and restart the comp. Allow Windows to find the external mouse and install the proper driver for it.

It might be worth it to check in the Device Manager and see if there are any errors mentioned.

Access Device Manager - How Do I Access Device Manager in Windows?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 bootycakes

bootycakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

Tried a different mouse, same issue. 

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

Is the computer a desktop or laptop? Maybe a stuck key....I'm really just giving you a bump and hoping someone

else might have some clue what is going on.

There is a program that runs a lot of fixes that may be useful if you want to give it a try.

Windows Repair (All In One) Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users