Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You Tube Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dschribs

dschribs

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

We just inherited a new/used desk top computer. About 2 years old. Made by HP. It was my wife's work computer that they gave to her when they recently upgraded hers. Before they gave it to her they completely wiped it clean and it basically has nothing at all on it now other than Adobe. I downloaded the latest flash player on to it. It is running WIndows HP Professional.  I did install the free version of Panda anti-virus. Also ran Malware Bytes prior to getting up and running. No issues. 

I was so looking forward to watching full screen HD You Tube videos on it - I have a 27" LED 16:9  monitor but - all of the HD You Tube videos I have tried to watch are lagging terribly.  They start and stop throughout the entire video over and over again. They are choppy and unwatchable.

I use both Chrome and Firefox and this happens when I am using both browsers.  

My modem is brand new.  Just picked up a new one from Comcast/Xfinity because I thought it might be the modem.  I am using a hard wired connection from the modem to the PC. 

•  Are there any settings I need to check on You Tube or on my PC itself that might eliminate this problem?
  •  Would adding more memory or some sort of a different "video card" help?  You'll have to talk me through exactly what I would need here as I'm pretty clueless about this stuff.
  • Any other suggestions or recommendations?

I can post more specs about the computer if need be. Just let me know what is needed.

Thanks very much for the help!!!
Dan

Edited by dschribs, 05 November 2014 - 08:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users