Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In my dotage I have indeed, become absent-minded perhaps :lmao:

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IrememberWhen

IrememberWhen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:55 AM

Greetings m`friends'

My recollections of the first "PC's" date when Tora Tora Tora was being filmed in Hawaii & they weighed about three hundred pounds, as portables. Enough timestamping though. Nigh fifteen years ago, I was struck down & survived a T.B.I. and five month coma  Thus, regardless that my knowledge is/was vast once, I have but childlike dedicated memory sometimes; sophomoric at best so to speak.  All the degrees in the world avail me not and lately my peers have dropped off one by one.  and alas, finding answers to even basic problems are starting to frustrate me in that I've fewer & fewer people I trust to ask.

Once I garner the ropes to navigate this site somewhat  cohesively, I'll post a few queries which daunt me at present.  I am certainly glad I have the presence of mind to cut/paste when possible, or I might have stayed in limbo trying to register.

Until then :hysterical:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

G'day IrememberWhen, and Welcome to BC !!.......and might I say that is probably the most entertaining intro I have read to date !!!....it also smacks of the absolute truth, so if you have any dramas navigating etc etc.....just ask !.....there is no such thing as a 'wrong' etc question here......we have all been in the 'learning curve' at some time or another....and if you forget, then we will just tell you again !

again, Welcome.

Brian

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 IllusionEclipse

IllusionEclipse

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:42 AM

Welcome to the BC IrememberWhen. Nice to meet you! Quite the intro, I'd be glad to help you where I can!

(I should note that as a part of the Malware Removal Training Program, Sophomore Level, there are some areas whereas I cannot provide help, don't be afraid to ask questions though).

An illusion is as real as the person who sees it, but wouldn't that be an illusion in and of itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users