Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Timer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mentalo2525

mentalo2525

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hi I am on here like most people with a problem, but I first wanted to introduce myself, I live in Oregon and I am retired. I appreciate the people on here who help poor slobs like me with their computer problems.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

A computer and the things we ask it to do are very complex. Even the "experts" rely on one another when they have problems outside their own areas of experience and expertise.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 lizbeth

lizbeth

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:27 AM

[font=Tahoma][size=6] :thumbsup: HI FIRST TIMER, LIZBETH HERE, HAVE JUST COME ON BOARD MYSELF, GOT MY FIRST PC FEB 06 AM VERY NEW BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING THROUGH THIS FORUM,I,M FROM SCOTLAND UK. :flowers: YES WE DO EXIST UP HERE, AND AS YOU CAN SEE AM NOT WATCHING THE SOCCER HAHA!! HAVE FOUND ON SOME FORUMS NO-ONE SEEMS TO HAVE MUCH TIME FOR US POOR WEE NEWBEES :cool: SO AM HOPING THIS FORUM WILL BE DIFFERENT!!) AM SURE HOWEVER IT WILL BE A LEARNING CURVE. SO HAVE FUN AND HOPE TO READ YOUR FUTURE POSTS, BE HAPPY. PS WHAT,S THE WEATHER LIKE YOUR NECK OFF THE WOODS? GLORIOUS SUNSHINE HERE :trumpet:
LIZBETH HAS JUST LEFT THE BUILDING :inlove:

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:04 PM

Welcome to BC, im glad you noticed just how friendly this forum is.
All newbies are welcome,we all have to learn somewhere afterall,and helping you,gives us a sense of achievment in knowing we helped you learn somthing,so we all win. See you around the forums :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#5 lizbeth

lizbeth

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

:P lizbeth here,

Would like to thank Graveangel,Darthy,and Rowal and anyone else for that matter for their :flowers: warm greetings looking forward to fun chats, and Graveangel us up here are wondering why your not watching the footie!!! :) not a footie fan myself ,then again neither is the Scottish football team :inlove: only joking honestly u guys :cool: Am getting the hang of this pc-ing lark, quite chuffed still lots to learn ,have a mean start up and shut down of my pc what more could you ask for :thumbsup: was directed to a site from here about how to set up great security on IE6, great stuff but had only a few little tweaks here and there to do so it shouldddddd!! be quite tight on security although am aware not foolproof. Anyway having internet connection probs up here, coming monday to check so if i don,t speak to you guys around the chat forums nothing personal will get back to you soon.

PS what are the chat rooms like ?? not full of honey nut loops are they????? :) :trumpet:

lizbeth has left the building :)

#6 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:02 AM

Football..........Oh yeah,im watching the footy,waited 4 years for this. Its great,Tv in front of me whilst typing,is all good. Just waiting to watch Brazil v Australia, and cant wait for Tuesday, England v Sweden. Three games of footy a day......oh its heaven! :thumbsup:

Oh by the way, we are all honey nut loops, who wants to be normal these days, normal = boring! :flowers:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users