Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drawing a Plateau in Illustrator

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CKar

CKar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hi All,

I am having a problem trying to draw a plateau when copying from an old map.I have tried creating a brush to draw plateau edges but have not been succesful.. The brush should have a single line representing the edge of the plateau with a number of lines coming off one side at 90degrees to represent the downhill slope. I hope this description is clear enough. I am assuming a brush is the best way to do this but am open to suggestions. Any assistance very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

Most maps would use contour lines going around the plateau to represent lines of equipotential (equal gravitational potential, therefore equal height)rather than having outward lines. The contour lines will usually be orange in colour and have little breaks in them with text saying the height above sea level in metres, lines are generally drawn at 1o metre intervals, but if it's really steep or the scale is small go for 50 metre intervals. In the end i would suggest using standard "ordnance survey" map symbols or modelling the terrain in 3d(uswe sketchup or blender, both free) and getting some renders from various angles to show it's shape. I knwo that doesn't technically answer your question, but it is an alternative way to represent the same mapping data.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users