Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Ultimate freezes at boot before password entry

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 huhwtf

huhwtf

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:10 AM

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 with an i5 4570, 8 GB of ram and a new SSD installed myself.  I put win 7 ultimate on it.  It is a legal version so that should not be the problem.

I boot into windows in 7 seconds but then it freezes and wont let me use the keyboard or mouse for a few seconds, sometimes forever.  I have to cold boot it, then go to start windows normally then hope it doesn't freeze.

any help appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hello,

I may be able to provide some simple advice on your situation.  If not, the more experienced members here will step in to help out.  In order for us to help diagnose your system and provide advice we will need you to provide some basic info, using the following instructions:

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, following the instructions at the following site- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Please also download the MiniToolBox program from the following location: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/search/?keyword=minitoolbox   save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size

List Minidump Files

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users