Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Sager Laptop Beeping Virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 staples1000000

staples1000000

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

Mod Edit:  Deleted dupe topic in Win 7 forum, merged posts - Hamluis.

I have an old asus u45jc-a1 laptop. It has lot of problems like constant beeping and when connected to a monitor, it would many times monitor go to sleep. I tested this with several monitors and this happens with each monitor so i know its my laptop.

Anyways, i went and bought a new sager laptop mainly b/c i wanted a fast quad core laptop. I got the laptop and it is pretty nice. I didn't transfer anything from my old laptop to the new laptop. The only thing that i did however was i have a usb drive that i plugged into the new sager laptop b/c i have some documents there that i need to put it on my sager laptop. I never did this as i all i did was just plug the usb flash drive into the new laptop thus i dont have any files saved into my new laptop. Thus no documents, just a flash drive.

Recently i noticed that while using this new sager laptop, im having the same beeps just like my old asus laptop. This doesn't make sense at all b/c this laptop is brand new and i can't imagine it having problems like this early on. Also the beeps sound just the same like the asus laptops so i wonder if theres any coincidence to this. I had asked people in forums if i were to transfer documents from my asus laptop to this new sager laptop whether its documents or files, would there be any chance the new laptop would get corrupt files and then it might have similar problems like my asus laptop such as the beeping and connecting to a monitor and it randomly turning off. I was told no thats not even possible. But i didn't transfer any documents, i just used a flash drive that i had on old laptop on this one.

Another thing that has me very worried is in my old laptop, i know i had lot of bloatware and malware because when i visit sites such as say ebay, a bit later when searching other sites, i would see ads on ebay thus its like those tracking cookie i believe its called that does this for advertisements? Well recently i was on my new sager laptop and i noticed an adveristment for something i viewed such as on ebay... however i never viewed this item on my sager laptop. I viewed it on my asus laptop. This does not make any sense whatsoever.

Can someone tell me whats going on here? Why is my new sager laptop beeping so much just like my asus laptop? Another thing that has me very confused is why i did i see a few advertisements on my sager laptop like i do with my asus laptop?
STRANGELY ENOUGH... i don't see this on my asus laptop anymore. And another VERY STRANGE THIS IS... my asus laptop hasn't beeped much at all lately.

Malwarebytes show no problems. Superantisoftware found 117 tracking cookies. 

I have no idea how i have this much as all i done is visit the main sites to download and google and few computer sites like this one. I do check ebay and amazon though.

Also strangely enough... my asus laptop isn't beeping at all. That makes no sense. Whats strange is it seemed like once the sager laptop started beeping, the asus laptop never beep anymore and this is just very recently. Do you think theres any coincidence to this? Previosly my asus laptop beeps very much and it beeps many different ways such as beeping one at a time or beeping 2-3 times at once etc.

This sager laptop beeps once, then again then again but usually like 10 second or a bit longer after each one.
Few nights ago i posted on a forum asking a question in a macforum and it was with my asus laptop and it was related about 

IPhone Skype Calling To the USA for American visiting Europe? - MacRumors Forums

A person private messaged me on how to fix this issue. He also posted in my thread and said sent you a pm. I dont click on ppls links they send me directly but when this guy sent me the link, i always just copy and paste it to the toolbar to see if its the actual link. Instead it shows api.viglink so i wasn't goign to click on it. Basically this person sent me a link for enabling google voice in hangouts to allow incoming calls. I then later on with that api.viglink there, i entered it accidentally b/c i forgot i had deleted the link to the toolbar. I then logged into my acct and couldn't fix this issue.

The thing was at that time, i then got worried b/c i wondered if that link could have been a virus. The first thing i immediately did was open my new sager laptop and plug the usb into it so i could see every password i have for my sites so i could log into most of them and then change the passwords immediately. I then changed my passwords for many of those many sites then changed the password for each site setting on the openoffice page. 

I recalled at that time, i still didnt have any beeps on my new sager laptop. I believe it was the following day when i noticed a few beeps in my new laptop which got me a bit worried but i didn't think that much about it. It wasn't until today when i noticed i had tons of beeping on this laptop. 

Do you think there is any chance that could have caused it or not? The thing is i read hackers can infect usb hard drives but the thing is when i clicked on that link, i still had lot of documents saved on that asus laptop such as passwords in my documents thats still there. Then when i thought about it for a while, i went on new sager laptop and change password for lot of sites. During this time however since i clicked on that link, i never had that usb flash drive in that asus laptop though. Thus i didnt have the flash drive on the asus laptop on that day it happneed. So if thats the case, then this couldn't have caused the beeping right?

But i googled usb flash drive virus and i notice that i have autorun.inf in it and that means most likely my flash drive is infected. So could that be a chance that this caused my laptop to have this beeping problem? Could a virus cause this beeping problem that im talking about on my sager laptop?

Edited by hamluis, 04 November 2014 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users